Promoting Others = Promoting Yourself

Monday 7 December 2009

The first thing you are taught in job search is to promote yourself and never miss an opportunity.

Here is an opportunity to consider. It was one of my big surprises in my search. That promoting others was one of the best promotions for myself.

For me, promoting others is making introductions for networking and job leads. If I felt comfortable enough or knew the person well enough, I would also include a recommendation.

The surprise was twofold. First, the payback from other people came in every form I could imagine (introductions, offer to speak, etc.). Second, I got to be known as a 'networker' - so companies would reach out to me with job openings and asked me if I could make recommendations - which then enabled me to promote fellow candidates even more.

So make promoting others part of your weekly schedule. Opening a door for someone else will open one for you.

Good luck today!

Mark Richards

www.candidateschair.com
Job Search from a Candidate's Perspective - Advice and tools for search organization and networking

Candidates Chair LinkedIn Group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=2328268



http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer