It was Curiosity, not Persistence that Killed the Cat

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Some of my best networking meetings after I got no response. I mean two e-mails or calls with no response.

No matter how strong the connection between the person providing the referral and the person you are seeking to meet, don't expect an immediate response.

You're call or e-mail may have caught them on a travel day, in a budget meeting, etc.

Only rarely did I not get an e-mail back where the person apologized for not getting back to me.

My rule: 3 tries, no response, move on.

Putting it another way, what would you expect from your employees if they hit a roadblock - they would try it again.

Good luck today.

Mark Richards
www.candidateschair.com
Job Search from a Candidate's Perspective


http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer