The Person That Holds the Job You Want

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Actually, there may be several people who hold jobs you want.

My advice is to reach out to them.

Why?

The can offer you some insight on how they got their job, what skills they emphasized, and what skills are being used now. They can also offer industry contacts.

They can also offer you job leads. As the person in the chair today, they are likely to be among the first called for similar jobs (by people in their network, recruiters, etc.)

I used this technique in my search - I learned loads and good several good leads. Also, I found that there were jobs where I was not a fit.

So give this a whirl - reach out to those who hold your the job you seek!

Good luck today!

Mark Richards

www.candidateschair.com



http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer