Keeping Your Psyche Strong During Job Search

Tuesday 18 August 2009

The saying goes “Desperation does not work in dating or job search”. I can verify both of those when looking at my school years and job transition.

At one point in my search I had six solid job leads go completely dark within a week’s time. I remember going to a 7 a.m. networking meeting the following Monday. Big mistake – I wasted a good networking opportunity. If a job search is selling, you have to believe yourself first before anyone else will.

When I got home, I cancelled all of my job search activities for the next two days, so I could get my psyche back in order and avoid a downward spiral (which we all know can be tough to pull out of).

So here’s a tip to help you keep your psyche strong – which has worked for me many a time. Make a list of small projects that you would like to accomplish. When you feel down, pull out the list and work like mad to finish the project. The sense of progress, accomplishment and putting your mind somewhere else for a stretch of time will work wonders. Trust me.

There are loads of other good ideas like volunteering, etc. – whatever they are, put them on the list and keep it handy. It’s not a question of ‘if’, but ‘when’ you will use it.

Remember, if you run into someone who needs to take a break – do them a favor and tell them.

Good luck today.

Regards,

Mark Richards
www.candidateschair.com




http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer