Investing in Your Search Look - Funny story of my mistake

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Your look is part of your story – your appearance makes an impression.

The first thing I did when I lost my job was plan my finances. As part of it, I allocated money to update my wardrobe to ensure I would present a professional look.

Then I made a boneheaded ‘finance guy’ (which I am) mistake – I saw ‘free’ business cards. So I walked into a meetings looking sharp and one of the key ‘leave behind’ items was cheap. The point came home when someone pulled out the same ‘free’ card that he had just received. It was not from a fellow job seeker, but the person who walked his dog. Enough said.

So invest in your entire look, first impressions are still important.

Good luck today!

Mark Richards

www.candidateschair.com
Job Search from a Candidate's Perspective - Advice and tools for search organization and networking


http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer