A Reason to Feel Proud

Tuesday 27 October 2009

A job search is a battle of inches (pardon my non-metric reference). But each inch earned can make a huge difference.

Each networking meeting, e-mail or phone call, will hopefully gain you a few more inches to get someone to know you are looking, to hear about opportunities or get the right information.

At any given moment, the inch gained may not seem like much. They are easy to lose sight of, especially with all the pressure of financial, family, etc.

But each day, you need to be proud of keeping your focus and working a plan. You will find the inches add up, especially if they are built alongside those you helped other obtain.

How my inches came together:
I shared my site with a colleague. He forwarded a note to his networking group. A member sent me a nice note. I responded with a ‘thank you’ and mentioned I was looking for a role. He responded that they were looking for someone. Two weeks later I started.

This may sound like a crazy chain of events. But after three years of being involved in search and transition groups, I can tell loads of stories where it was two or three events that resulted in a new role.

Be proud of the inches gained and what you’ve shared. A strong spirit is more important than a strong resume if you are going to present yourself as the best candidate.

Good luck today.

Mark Richards
www.candidateschair.com
Job Search from a Candidate's Perspective - Advice and tools for search organization and networking

Candidates Chair LinkedIn Group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=2328268


http://TwitJobs.co.uk - Jobs Fed Into Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
TwitJobs Blog Footer